DISTANCE LEARNING: MODELS AND PROSPECTS
Keywords: distance learning, distance education, theory of autonomy and independence, theory of industrialization, theories of interaction and communication.
2. Keegan, D. (2013). Foundations of distance education. Routledge.
3. Holmberg, B. (1986). Growth and structure of distance education. London: Croom Helm.
4. Birnbaum, B. (2001). Foundations and practices in the use of distance education. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellon Press.
5. Hanson, D., Maushak, N. J., Schlosser, C. A., Anderson, M. L., Sorenson, C., & Simonson, M. (1997). Distance education: Review of the literature (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Association for Educational Communications and Technology. Ames, Iowa: Research Institute for Studies in Education.
6. Mehrotra, C. M., Hollister, C. D., & McGahey, L. (2001). Distance learning: Principles for effective design, delivery, and evaluation. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
7. Meyer, K. A. (2002). Quality in distance education: Focus on on-line learning. In A.J. Kezar (Ed.), ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Report, 29, 1–134. Jossey – Bass.
8. Sabir, I. R., Akhtar, N., Bahadur, W., Sajjad, M. S., & Abbas. (2014). Impact of distance education on student performance: A case of Allama Iqbal Open University. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 21(3), 472–476.
9. Chen, C. W. (2010). Brief introduction of new instruction – network learning. Living Technology Education Journal, 34(4), 10–16.
10. Buttedahl, P., Ironside, D., Lengrand, P., & Titmus, C. (1979). Terminology of adult education = Terminología de la educación de adultos = Terminología de la educación de adultos Terminologie de l’education des adultes. Unesco.
11. Moore, M. G. (1973). Toward a theory of independent learning and teaching. Journal of Higher Education, 44, 66–69.
12. Holmberg, B. (1989). Theory and practice of distance education. London: Routledge.
13. Unesco. (2002). Open and distance learning: Trends, policy and strategy considerations. Unesco.
14. Moore, M. G., & Kearsley, G. (2011). Distance Education: A Systems View of Online Learning (3rd ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
15. Holmberg, B. (2005). Theory and practice of distance education. Routledge.
16. Traxler, J. (2018). Distance learning: Predictions and possibilities. Educ. Sci, 8(1), 35.
17. Casey, D. M. (2008). The Historical Development of Distance Education through Technology. TechTrends, 52(2), 45–51.
18. Bozkurt, A., Koseoglu, S., & Singh, L. (2019). An analysis of peer-reviewed publications on openness in education in half a century: Trends and patterns in the open hemisphere. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 35(4), 78–97.
19. Saba, F. (2013). Introduction to distance education: Telecommunications systems.
Retrieved from http://distance-educator.com/in-1962-launch-of-a-beach-ball-sized-satellite-revolutionized-educationaltelecommunications/.
20. Saba, F. (2000). Research in distance education: A status report. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 1(1).
21. Taylor, J. C. (2001). Fifth generation distance education. Higher Education Division, Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs.
22. Wedemeyer, C. A. (1977). Independent study. In A. S. Knowles (Ed.), The International Encyclopedia of Higher Education. Boston: Northeastern University.
23. Peters, O. (1973). Distance education and industrial production: A comparative interpretation in outline. Otto Peters on Distance Education: The Industrialization of Teaching and Learning, 1994, 107–127.
24. Hillman, D. C., Willis, D. J., & Gunawardena, C. N. (1994). Learner interface interaction in distance education: An extension of contemporary models and strategies for practitioners. The American Journal of Distance Education, 8(2), 30–42.
25. Simonson, M., Zvacek, S. M., & Smaldino, S. (2019). Teaching and Learning at a Distance: Foundations of Distance Education 7th Edition. IAP.
26. Sewart, D., Keegan, D., & Holmberg, B. (2020). Distance education: International perspectives. Routledge.
27. Rumble, G. (2019). The planning and management of distance education. Routledge.
28. Nagrale, P. (2013). Advantages and disadvantages of distance education.
Retrieved from https://surejob.in/advantages-anddisadvantages-of-distance-education.html.
29. Bijeesh, N. A. (2017). Advantages and disadvantages of distance learning.
Retrieved from http://www.indiaeducation.net/online-education/articles/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-distancelearning.html.
30. Brown, C. (2017). Advantages and disadvantages of distance learning.
Retrieved from https://www.eztalks.com/elearning/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-distance-learning.html.
31. Hara, N., & Kling, R. (2000). Student distress in a web-based distance education course. Information, Communication & Society, 3(4), 557–579.
32. Hutt, M. (2017). Top 10 disadvantages of distance learning.
Retrieved from https://www.eztalks.com/elearning/top-10-disadvantages-of-distance-learning.html.